When we make an evaluation in terms of infancy; attention should be paid especially to the social statement regarding the early diagnosis of autism. Generic autism symptoms started to be seen until the 15th month eye contact, imitation, facial expression dullness and unusual motor findings are of particular importance.
Generic Autism Toddler Symptoms
# The Most Significant Development Features to Watch Out for Early Diagnosis: 1st month: look at the face 2nd month: smile 2-3. month: objekt takibi 2-6. month: response to auditory stimuli 3-6. month: grip skills 4-7. month: separating face expressions 6th month: helixer 7th month: mimic speech sounds 8-10th month: choosing caregivers 12th month: if there is no response from the caregiver to leave, 12-24. month: does not indicate, does not show the object to adults, does not respond to name, does not show appropriate gestures, is unresponsive to social stimuli;
If there can be seen any of these autism toddler symptoms in the 12th month, there are no words in the 16th, and there is no sentence with two words spontaneously at 24th month, the evaluation of the child by an expert is critical.
General Characteristics in Autism
## Babies with autistic characteristics exhibit the following characteristics in the first two years,
- A little melodic baby is noticed.
- They can pretend not to hear.
- They seem to be unaware of others.
- They avoid eye contact.
- Insomnia, restlessness, sleep disturbances and incompatible behaviors are observed in a group of babies. These are usually called grumpy babies. Passivity and calmness can be seen in another group of babies. These are babies who spend the whole day in bed, and although they are easy to care, they are attracted to the general interest and attention they are attracted to.
- Sensually, they may be indifferent to voices in the first years or they may be disturbed by the noise, the sounds we do not hear.
- Frosty and empty look can be seen.
- Pain, pain, unresponsiveness to cold draws attention. Repetitive behaviors such as shaking the head and body can be seen.
- Low muscle tone.
- They use less mimic.
- 18-24. the child responds that the other person is in a difficult situation during the month. Responding to others’ emotions is generally absent in low-functioning autistics, and can be seen in high-functioning situations.
- Loss of skills can be seen in the 2nd year. Especially at 15 to 18 months the regression is peaking.
What can be done for Autism Treatment
### Regarding this, it is said that the caretaker is a behavior that compensates the lack of gaze. It has been observed that the longer caretakers in the caretakers are more social.
High functioning autistics can make more qualified eye contact. Especially in adults, an unusual look can be seen with no blinking or focusing on one-on-one.
You can also check out Autism from our previous blog post What is Autism and How should autism education be given? if you are looking for more information.